THE CHARITY ROOM
BARBERING IN UK PRISONS
INVESTORS IN EDUCATION
Barbering in UK Prisons “Investors in Education”
have the full backing from British Master Barbers Primary Authority to take forward their plans to raise standards of educators & help educate offenders in barbering as an alternative to returning to crime or addiction
& support the great work done by the prison education teams.
What are we aiming for
• To roll out Phase One – Get That Job & Phase Two – Become A Mentor
• Barbering in UK Prisons wish to become a bridge between qualification, with guidance to starting work, self-employment, owning a business & mental wellbeing.
• For all students to take the British Master Barbers online Health & Safety Certification test that can be added to their student portfolio as evidence of achievement.
• Provide use of barber training on Master Barbers Online University for students.
• Top Industry Grand Master Barbers & members of London City & Guilds Industry Barbering Board to visit prisons to inspire & Mentor the students.
• Due to the current pandemic, Barbering in UK Prisonscould offer blended learning & provide a planned virtual education by Zoom to groups or 1-1 virtual education.
• Our work has demonstrated that by sharing the inspired Mentor`s knowledge & belief in students, it is possible to rebuild futures.